And boy howdy, did I pick a winner (if I do say so myself).
Savannah went to her first tea party. With Cinderella.
Her little mind... it was blown.
The dozen or do little girls in attendance dressed up in princess dresses first. Can you guess what Savannah chose? (Hint: see the Halloween post. Or just scroll down to the pictures.)
Then they had their hair and make-up done. Savannah still doesn't have much hair to work with, so her hair-do consisted of a swirl of hairspray topped off with a generous sprinkling of gliiter, topped with a sparkly crown.The make-up was glittery lip gloss and sparkly hearts or stars applied to the cheeks.
The actual tea party was perhaps the most surprising part. The crazy people who planned this thing put actual china tea cups and saucers out. For preschoolers! I was sure that Savannah would break hers and that she wouldn't be alone. But all of the little princesses were so polite and careful. It was, frankly, shocking.
After stories, games, and dancing they each took a picture with Cinderella.
Chelsea was pretty jealous and it's not hard to understand why. But I was also feeling the envy a bit. When can I get together with a bunch of girls, have my hair all twirled up, have someone make me look pretty, and be waited on for a while?
One of the other moms there knew the answer: Spa Day. And I'm long overdue. Glitter lipgloss, please.
---

No comments:
Post a Comment