Monday, December 20, 2010

You Are Now Entering a Thomas-Free Zone

We did it. We sold the train table. Some craigslisters came and took away the table, all the track, and a mountain of little engines. And gave us actual money!

I have been trying to convince Chelsea to let the train table go for a while now. She was using it primarily as a holding area for Strawberry Shortcake toys and any other random stuff cluttering up her room. The tracks and many, many trains never saw the light of day unless a little boy came over to the house and pulled them out.

It was time.

She resisted, but I finally got her to let me stash all the Thomas stuff in the garage to see if she would notice its absence. It was not missed. By any of us.

And so, Chelsea's Thomas phase has officially ended. We were so proud of ourselves to have a daughter who wasn't obsessed with princesses, who adored Thomas and all things Sodor-related.

And now? That Thomas has been abandoned? I am sad to admit that I can name all of the Disney princesses, Disney fairies, and all of Strawberry Shortcakes berry, berry sweet friends. *sigh*

So I guess there'll be no more tricking someone into washing her hands with fancy blue soap.

Or building elaborate, if unstable, train birthday cakes.

Or giggling over someone being named Tom.

Thomas, you were fun while you lasted. I hope our forgotten engines become some other little child's new favorite things.
---

No comments: