Act 1
Mobility is so overrated. Now that Savannah can sort of get around on her own, she's even harder to get to sleep than before. Lately when I put her down, she immediately backs up into a sitting position and cries. I know she'll eventually lie down and sleep. Today I went in to check on her and she's standing up hanging on to the top of the crib rail and wailing. I lie her back down. She sits back up. I leave. Go back in to check on her again? Now she's on her knees trying to recreate her performance from earlier. I give up.
Act 2
How is it possible that BOTH children are head-noddingly sleepy in the car at 12:30pm and I have to shout songs at them to keep them awake on the way home... yet they are still wide awake at 1:30pm after lying (or sitting, standing, or kneeling) in their beds for half an hour?
Act 3
Why, why, WHY does the gardening service that comes to our apartment building to mow our ridiculously small stretch of grass with the loudest riding mower on Earth have to come every week DURING NAPTIME? (Not that my children are sleeping or anything...).
Fin
---
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
As a child, I personally slept better with lots of noise around me. Especially when the vacuum was running.
Michelle,
You're right, I think it bothers ME more than it bothers them! (I'm paranoid that they will wake up and I'm hoping to take a nap myself.)
Post a Comment