Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Discovering What Millions Already Know!

I hate running. I usually read while running on the treadmill because I think it makes the time seem to go by faster and distract me from the fact that I am running. When I run outdoors, I don't usually listen to music because I'm afraid of getting hit by cars that I did not hear coming.

Yesterday was the first day I ran with my new iPod. I was so excited to finally use it but also concerned that it wouldn't distract me enough from oh my gosh, why am I still running? But it was AMAZING. I have never been so happy while running. Ever. I was smiling. While running.

There are a couple of downsides to running with iPod. First, telling everyone at the Y that I'm bringing sexy back (yeah!) or that I'm going to shake it like a Polaroid picture. They didn't want to know. And second, looking like a fool on the treadmill by dancing with only my head and pointer fingers. But I will trade looking and sounding like a fool for smiling while running ANY DAY.

(Props to Dr. J for the iPod and awesome pre-loaded mega-mix.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi
i am very happy to see you so happy running.I guess we know now how to turn the i-pod off?
oma

Heidi said...

ha ha. don't make fun of me on my own blog, mom! yes, i did call home to ask my dad how to turn the darn thing off... despite the fact that he is in thailand. for 4 months. i am so brilliant, no?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on running at all!