Thursday, December 4, 2008

9 Months(ish)

Dear Savannah,

You learned to clap today. You do it kinda slow, with the tops of your fingers still a little bit curled over, but you are definitely clapping.

You love to stand up, all the time, as much as possible. When I try to sit you down, you keep your whole body stiff to stay standing. You can walk along a couch or table but you don't take any steps all on your own yet. When Daddy stands you up to walk to me, you just fall forward into my arms with a big grin.

Your sister cracks you up. You stare at her in the car, pop up and down in your crib when she runs in to see you after a nap, and laugh out loud when she tickles you. She used to call you Savoner or Savander. Now it's Percy or Molly. She says you are a silly engine.

You don't enjoy the baby food. You don't enjoy being fed much of anything, you want to do it yourself. You still don't have any teeth. (Although, that hasn't stopped you from biting me with your gums while I'm nursing you. Not cool, Savannah, not cool.)

You like to babble. Mostly mamamamama. Which I tell myself (and your dad) is actually Mama. Sometimes you say babababa and then crack up when I repeat it back to you.

When I carry you in the sling, you always lean forward and stare at the ground. I don't know what is so fascinating down there, my shoes?

You are, like your sister, not a great sleeper (yet). You cry at naps and in the night and although I tell myself I will be tough and let you cry, I almost never am and almost never do.

You are all cheeks. And big, bright blue eyes. And chubby, chubby rolls.

And when you are sleepy, I hold you over my shoulder and rock back and forth, singing Twinkle, Twinkle. And you put your little head down and sigh.

Love,
mamamamama

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear mamamamamama

I like you change my diaper. No make dadadadada do it. And peas give dadadadada lots of hugs and kisses. He need it.

love
Savannah

Anonymous said...

you are a great mom and you are doing all the right things to keep your children happy
love
omaomaoma

Imez said...

Thanks for this.

And "a silly engine." are 3 words that should have found their way together before now...your daughter might be a genius.

Heidi said...

Thanks, "Savannah" and thanks Oma.

Imez, I hate to say it (because my blog has a way of making a liar out of me) but I totally think my daughter is a genius. And since she can't really say Ls yet, when she says "silly engine" it's not only genius, it's ADORABLE.

all i need to convince me she's not a genius is a playdate with one of her more well-spoken or better-behaved friends... i'm lookin' at you, tilda!

Anonymous said...

Happy 9(ish) months, Savannah. You're a lucky little girl, and certainly a silly little engine.