1. Horchata.
For those sorely lacking in decent Mexican food, this is a vanilla-flavored rice milk. My favorite place to get it is Juanita's on Highway 101 in Encinitas. Bean tostada and a large horchata. And for some reason, drinks at Juanita's are extra jumbo sized. The large must be 40 ounces and that much milk and rice and sugar is about all of your daily calories. And it's worth it.
2. Halloween
"Confound it all, I love it though." I once made a haunted house in my parents' garage and parked a car in the middle of it, hidden, so that I could blast the lights and horn to scare the bejeebus out of my "guests." Ahh, memories.
3. Harry Potter
Jeremy and I used to read these books out loud to each other. But I have no patience and he has no stamina so he'd fall asleep before I'd had nearly enough. Inevitably, I'd keep reading and finish the book on my own. Then read it again with him.
4. Hometown
Mine is Carlsbad, California. I went to school in Encinitas (which is the next town south) and so I consider Encinitas my other hometown. Both are dramatically different now than when I was growing up. The flower fields where illegal migrant workers lived are now fancy strip malls. The two-lane road with no sidewalks where my best friend and I cautiously rode bikes, is now a major thoroughfare with freeway access. I miss how it used to be, but there's enough that hasn't changed to make me always want to go back.
5. Honda
I've only driven Hondas (two) since I was 18. They're cheap and you can drive them forever and ever. I covet the new hybrid one, although I'm sure I won't get one for a long, long time.
6. Hats
Oh, I love me some goofy hats. It runs in the family.
7. Hazelnut
Hazelnut coffee or hazelnut creamer in my coffee, not actual hazelnuts. (I'm one of those "like my sugar with coffee and cream" types.)
8. Hydrangea
Aren't they pretty?
9. Hobbies
I miss my hobbies. I have no more time to do them (kids). And no more money to spend on them (kids! no job! crapola economy!). My hobbies
10. Husband
I saved the best one for last. I shouldn't tell you what he is really like because you will die of jealousy. But I will anyway. He does laundry. He cleans. He holds small babies for hours in the middle of the night. He is an excellent judge of character. He thinks before he speaks. He eats healthier and works out more often than I do, but doesn't rub it in my face. He's very smart and very funny. And he looks wicked cute in a goofy hat. (See? Don't say I didn't warn you.)
---

4 comments:
Yup. Love the Hydrangea. I had a huge bouquet of blue/purple ones at my wedding.
Yup. You know I love the hobbies. Don't worry you'll make time for them one day soon. Have you tried scrounging local thrift shops for supplies. I find lotsa good stuff that way.
Yup. I love Jeremy too. He is the best and if I didn't have my very own wonder-husband I'd be super jealous. Lucky us.
Sounds like an awesome hubby! And cute in a goofy hat, too.
The hobbies will come back.
Your parents must have had a big garage in which to "hide" a car. "Oh, crap, what was that thing I stubbed my toe on? OMG! It's a car! How did that get here?"
We also have 5 and 7 in common.
ginger - what is it about scientists that make them rockin' husbands? :)
robyn - they do have a 3-car garage. but it helps that my car was tiny, it was the del sol, parked at an angle in the middle. (the screams! it was the BEST.)
Ah yes, the del Sol. Tiny, indeed. I can see now how that would have worked out.
Post a Comment